Quiz #219: 22 July – 5 August
Quiz #218: 1 July – 15 July
Quiz #217: 17 June – 24 June
To try your hand at this week’s quiz, click here. The answers will be published right here next week. Good luck!
Here are the answers to the quiz that appeared in the 25 July edition of finweek.
1. True or false? Golden handcuffs are financial incentives given to an employee in order to persuade them not to leave a company.
2. On 10 July, South Africa’s national football team, Bafana Bafana, were knocked out of the Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) after losing to Nigeria. The score was:
3. What do the letters ‘HB’ stand for on lead pencils?
4. South African-born Allan MacLeod Cormack won the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for work on:
5. True or false? Redwood trees are native to the Knysna region.
6. Supply the missing word: You can’t have your cake and ____ it too. .
7. True or false? Former CEO of Absa, Maria Ramos, has been appointed as the new CEO of the Public Investment Corporation.
8. South Africa’s ambassador to the Netherlands recently gave testimony at the commission of inquiry into state capture. What is his name?
9. In 1948, which political leader was assassinated in India?
BONUS QUESTION IN THE MAGAZINE:
10. Sakkie-sakkie or the sokkie dance is a South African variation of which South American sensual dance style?